Saturday, August 6, 2011

The BIG Birthday Campout!


Well lets start by saying a few important things!
1# Thanks a ton to my mom and Nancy for all the help!
2# The kids had a great time.
3# Not sure when the last time I was so exhausted in my life!

If you were to ask Nancy she would say "I am to prepared, clean, and anal." If I could just cut back on all that, things would most likely go so much easier for me.... Unfortunately I inherited these fine traits from my mother, so it is really hard to change! I am pretty sure everybody knew how things were going to be when I put a rug in front of my tent to cut down on dirt! When my mom showed up with her rug that was twice the size of mine..Well that pretty much just sums it up!


Here is my Angel packing firewood...Yes there was splinters!


Once we got everything set up things seemed to go pretty smooth! The kids painted there bird houses! For some reason I still have them all! They are being proudly displayed on the mantel!


I love Taylor's face. She looks like she was having fun!


Once that fun was over we had a scavengers hunt....


Taylor and Hayden were happy to get a ride and let the Daddies do the work!


Once I got to look at all the Slugs that were brought back...We decorated bottles to drop off the Bridge... A Bottle Race.




Taylor, Presley and Michael came in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd!


Since my good buddy Lindsey didn't plan very well, and couldn't stay the night we went right on to the pinata! I am glad that Taylor was excited about it, because it seemed to help Hayden get excited too!




It was pretty sturdy so everyone had a couple turns.


V hit it once! Then just bent over and got the candy!



I love Hayden's face in the background! I think he liked watching more that hitting!








We all went back and enjoyed our NUMMIES!




Here is Hayden's Construction Cake! He picked it out himself!


Velvet thought it was a good choice!




Then we opened presents. That was also fun! Hayden Loved everything he got! I was not good at paying attention, but the SAND present is MESSY... Whoever you are!!!




Around 7pm my friend Brie... (My most reliable unreliable friend she calls herself) Finally showed up. We all ate, and chit chatted! I do need to thank Brie for giving my dad the best laugh he has had in years! Brie only you would rip off the gas station pump and hose! I drove by the station the other day...There was still a OUT OF ORDER sign on the pump and I notice that it was missing some parts!


There was a unwrapping present game that included silly string.... There are some things I just have to be involved in.


Pictures compliments of NANCY!


Brie putting up her tent in the dark! 4 kids slept in there while she slept in the back of her car with a lot of junk! This is not a girl that would bring a RUG!


Somehow Josh was left out of a lot of pictures!


Caleb and Pausha were playing a game..Hayden was very interested!


We hiked up to the Falls...All the kids Josh, Pausha, and I.




Getting 8 kids to look at once...Not happening! This is as good as it gets!


Aiden likes the camera! He kept saying take one of me!!!


The Falls were pretty as always! The trail was steep as I remember! Packing V didn't make it feel any better!


V is checking out the inside of the tree! Hayden would have NONE of that!





Later that day after Lunch we all hit the river! The weather couldn't have been better!


The older kids did there own thing!




Smile Nancy!


Hayden looks so Happy!




















Once we were back at camp...Velvet decided to roll in the dirt!


Well play with trucks and diggers...What is the difference!


Yes of course we had a mini bath in that basin!


My dad just came for the food! Otherwise he stayed at the shop working!


We had popcorn over the fire!


The morning we left I bothered everyone with my FLASH!


Nancy LOVED it most of all!






We pretty much ran out of time to do anything else! It felt rushed! But I am not sure how long I could camp in the dirt.... We never did get to have our smores...We will have to do that here. I am going to call the Campout a success! Will I be doing it again next year! Ask me later!
Enjoy all the pics I had a hard time picking out of all them!

1 comment: